Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Looking forward


So there's this killer apartment-share on the 38th floor of a high rise just outside of Waikiki that I've applied for & today the girl sent me a follow up text to tell me it's looking like a move-in date of early December & that I was her first pick for the room. DUDE. How fucking amazing would that be?

Oh, I might've forgotten to mention that I got a promotion at work & they're going to be moving me onto the architecture side! The amazing part is that they're willing to take the time to teach me the new cadd program & let me explore with 3D programs. This is seriously a mind-blowing opportunity that no one else would ever even think about giving me. So obviously I have to take it, which means I'll be out here for another year or two. Two max, I think. But who knows where I'll end up.

Things are really great with David. I think we're really enjoying our time together that we have. I try not to think too much about him leaving at the end of the year because it really just breaks my heart. I know it's for the best (what's best for him is in SF, what's best for me is here in HI), but man it blows. I think I've really fallen for him, & in a very different way than I've ever experienced. Compared to the other relationships I've had.. I don't know how to describe it without rambling, but this one feels real, & healthy, & I feel like this is exactly the kind of relationship that I've been looking for. You know, without the him leaving & who knows when I'll ever see him again part. Hah, but seriously, he's exactly what I've been looking for. This is going to be a hard one to let go.

I guess on the plus side, I won't be empty-handed. After he leaves I can try to fill that big empty gap in my chest with cadd drawings & a new apartment. I hate that I won't be able to share all that new excitement & happiness with him though. I'm ranting in circles now. But that's how it feels. It's bittersweet, & happy & sad.

Anyway, monumental changes are coming!

No comments: