Thursday, November 27, 2008

new song

I can't remember the last time I wrote a song. This one sorta just came to me.

Doctor & Patient

I am calm & collected,
the best I've ever been.
I can't let you get under my skin.

& I am fine, cause I told that
to myself 500,000 times
& like everything else, it is in my mind.

But there are times when I close
my eyes & I just can't decide
if all I'm doing hiding.

Cause I'm
frustrated. & that's an understatement.
All this built up pressure,
I've got to let it out.
I'm frustrated, cause there is no room
when I'm torn in two;
I'm the doctor & the patient.

You could give in & break everything.
That's one way to handle things.

& you could cut off everyone you know
& live in this black hole alone.

Or you could realized that none of that ever works
& in fact it just makes everything worse.

We've all been here more than a few good times,
so how about we do this one right?

I am calm & collected,
the best that I've ever been.
I can't let me get under my skin.

& I am fine, cause I told that
to myself 500,000 times
& like everything else it is in my mind.

No comments: